Certified Aging in Place Specalist
Gus McKinley was the first Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS) in the Greater Cincinnati Area. We can build your new home with features that will aid you and offer peace of mind as you age—or we can retrofit your current home to accommodate changing physical needs. Whether you need special lighting, grab bars or an elevator, our team has done it and continues to excel in these areas.
Typical CAPS Home Modification
- • Custom designed kitchens and baths to enhance accessibility
- • Grab bars in bathrooms
- • Roll in showers
- • Larger door openings
- • Accessible tubs/showers
- • Full spectrum lighting to simulate daylight
- • Lever handles on doors
- • Comfort height toilets and cabinets
- • Adjustable rods and shelving in closets
- • Cabinets in kitchen so all appliances are easily accessible
- • Emergency call systems
- • Elevators/chair lifts
- • One story living, where bedroom, bathroom, laundry and cooking
facilities are on the first floor
- • Motion sensor floodlight to light your way and deter burglars
- • Repair uneven sidewalks and porches
- • Ramps at entryways
Some Thoughts to Help
Get You Started
- • Decide if your current home is suitable for you and your spouse over the next 10 - 20 years.
- • If not, how could it be improved?
- • Think about how much money you would want to put toward building a new home, or simply modifying your current home.
For more information, call